For those of you who are interested please find my guidelines for review below:
1) Please query me before you send your manuscript. I have a waiting list and it isn’t fair for the people who are querying and waiting patiently for their reviews for someone to try to circumvent the process. IF YOU DON’T QUERY FIRST YOU WON’T BE ACCEPTED, no matter how stunning your book may be.
2) If it’s possible please provide a small graphic of the cover approximately 240h x 150w for inclusion in the review.
3) You provide a brief author bio and synopsis with your query. *Note synopsis first, then bio.
4) Electronic formats of books are perfectly acceptable as long as two guidelines are followed: a) You furnish the copy either directly or by coupon and b) The electronic copy you provide is exactly the same as the copy you are marketing if it is supplied directly by you rather than through an eBook vendor.
5) Beginning September 26, 2012 we are only open to new queries for reviews for six weeks every quarter. Because we all have full review queues we will not be open for new queries until January 1, 2013. We are all volunteers here and our review queues fill up quickly so please query as soon as possible after the applicable open date for queries. We open to requests January 1st, April 1st, July 1st and October 1st. Review requests received outside of our open periods will be directed to re-apply for review at out next open date. Also, indicate if you are willing to provide a guest post. We will be more inclined to give you one of our review spots if you are willing to give back to the site in the form of a guest post that does not promote your book, except in a blurb. As of January 2013 we began to require guest posts from all parties receiving a review. Please note: It is your job to keep track of your guest post date and to provide it to the site in a timely manner. If you do not furnish your guest post for the date it was requested you will in all likelihood be removed from the review queue and your spot will be filled with an author who places an emphasis on the joint fulfillment of mutual obligations. Also we periodically run giveaways, especially from the Monday following American Thanksgiving Day until the Monday nearest to New Year’s Day, and from either Memorial Day through Labor Day (US) or Fourth of July through Labor Day (US). If you are interested in taking part in one of these giveaways please indicate that when you submit your book for review. If your book receives a good review it may be asked to become part of one of our giveaway tours.
I publish my reviews here as well as on many other venues. Your book will be well publicized. Also, you are free to use any of the material from the review of your book in your publicity materials so long as I am credited. I keep copies of all reviews for a minimum of two years and can make them available to you should an emergency need arise during that period of time.
To contact me send your query along with your bio and synopsis to email@example.com and either one of my reviewers or I will usually get back to you within seven to ten days with a reply and directions on how to proceed from that point.
If you don’t have a formal bio don’t worry. Tell me about yourself: What you like; why you started writing; what inspires you. I’m as interested in you as I am in your story. Knowing about you as the author helps me see where you are coming from with your story. Also, information from the bio may make into the review if it’s appropriate or it may be used at a later date as the starting point for an author interview. You don’t have to say much, a paragraph or two is fine. Just tell me about you, and your writing. Then separately tell me about your book, again in just a few paragraphs. That will be all the information we need to get things started.
Again, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Book Review Query” and the name of your book in the subject line. I also check my spam folder regularly just in case someone’s query ends up there by mistake but I can’t know it’s a query if it doesn’t say so.
Thank you for your interest in Tracy Riva Books & Reviews. I look forward to working with you. – Tracy